Pens Underground: Moar shootings. MOAR - Pens Underground

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moar shootings. MOAR Houston, TX at a college; ABQ, NM - 15 yr old offs his family

#1 User is offline   Astro_Mikey 

• Sign a contract with me ... ?
  • Group: ADMINISTRATORS
  • Interests:Astrophysics, astronomy, cars, sports, music.
    Go Pittsburgh Penguins!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

KOBTV

UPDATE: DA says Griego will be treated as an adult in court
Posted at: 01/22/2013 7:56 AM | Updated at: 01/22/2013 9:10 AM
By: KOB.com staff

The boy accused of killing his mother, father and three siblings will appear in Metro Court on Tuesday afternoon, where he will be treated by Judge Yvette Gonzales as an adult.

Nehemiah Griego, 15, is accused of killing his parents Greg and Sarah Griego, along with 9-year-old Zephania, 5-year-old Jael and 2-year-old Angelina.

The bodies were discovered Saturday in the family’s South Valley home.

In a statement to police, which he gave without an adult or attorney present, Griego admitted killing the five members of his family.

According to District Attorney spokesperson Kayla Anderson, Griego’s case falls within the serious youthful offender statute, so it will be handled by the violent crimes division of the 2nd Judicial District Attorney's office as an adult case.

The case may be presented to a grand jury within ten days, as is normally done if an adult offender remains in custody, Anderson said.

The Bernalillo County Sheriff will hold a press conference Tuesday morning at 10 to provide more details about the case.

KOB will be streaming the press conference live here at KOB.com.

KOB TV

Bernalillo County Sheriff Dan Houston says murder suspect Nehemiah Griego learned to shoot from his father, and the two often went shooting together with guns that were not kept locked up in the home.

Houston revealed that fact during a grim news conference Tuesday that detailed the murders of five members of the Griego family Saturday in their South Valley home.

Nehemiah Griego, 15, is accused of killing his parents Greg and Sarah Griego, along with 9-year-old Zephania, 5-year-old Jael and 2-year-old Angelina.

The weapons used in the killings – a .22 rifle and an AR-15 rifle - belonged to his parents and were in the home legally, Houston said. Greg Griego, a pastor and former gang member, had an extensive record but was not believed to have ever been convicted of a felony, he said.

The sheriff said officers believe the teenager shot his mother as she slept at about 1 a.m. on Saturday morning. His brother, Zephania, 9, was awake and distraught and was killed after that. His sister Angelina, 2, was killed while asleep, but his sister Jael, 5, was awake when killed.

Griego then waited several hours for his father to return home between 5 and 6 a.m. from his job as a security officer at a rescue mission. The teen then ambushed his father, shooting him several times with the AR-15, the sheriff said.

Officers believe he had planned the attack for at least a week.

The teenager then loaded guns into the family car and planned to commit many more violent acts, Houston said.

Reports that he planned to go to a nearby Walmart, shoot people and then die in a shootout with police were accurate, he said. Officers believe the teen had planned the attack for at least a week.

Houston also said Griego may have intended to kill the parents of his 12-year-old girlfriend. Griego sent the unidentified girl a picture of Griego’s dead mother shortly after she was killed – and before he killed Greg Griego, the Sheriff said. It is not clear whether she will face any charges.

Instead of killing more people, Griego went to Calvary Church, where he spent several hours with his girlfriend and others. Greg Griego was a former pastor at the church and the family still worshipped there.

Griego apparently had no plans to hurt anyone at the church.

While he was there, Griego told church officials several stories about what happened to his family. Police were eventually contacted and discovered the bodies at about 9:15 p.m. Saturday.

Houston said Griego appeared “surprised” at his arrest and said he shot his family because he was annoyed at his mother.

He said Griego also told police he regularly played the violent video games “Modern Warfare” and “Grand Theft Auto,” although his parents did not allow it. It was not clear how Griego had access to the games.

Houston said Griego's demeanor was calm and that he did not appear to show remorse for killing his family.

"There is no best judgment of motive on our part,” Houston said. “It is beyond any human reasoning or understanding at this time."

Griego will appear in court Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. and will be treated as an adult.

New Mexico law allows prosecutors to charge children 13 and over as adults in serious cases, legal experts tell KOB.

Stay with KOB for continuing coverage.

Meanwhile, in TX:

KOB

3 wounded, shooter in custody in incident at Texas campus
Posted at: 01/22/2013 12:20 PM | Updated at: 01/22/2013 1:10 PM
By: The Associated Press

HOUSTON (AP) - A shooting on a Texas community college campus wounded three peopleTuesday and sent students fleeing for safety as officials placed the campus on lockdown, officials said.

Authorities had at least one person in custody, according to a law enforcement official in Washington who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the ongoing case.

The official said local authorities also thought there could be a second shooter. He said multiple injuries had been reported. Aerial footage from local television stations showed police cars and ambulances parked on the Lone Star College System campus about 20 miles north of downtown Houston.

Emergency personnel could be seen tending to people on stretchers, while others ran from a building led by officers. The Harris County Sheriff's Office had no immediate details, but college spokesman Jed Young confirmed the campus was put on lockdown following reports of a shooter.

The college issued an alert on its website telling students and faculty to take immediate shelter or avoid the campus. Melinda Muse, spokeswoman for the Harris County Health System, said two people were taken to Harris Health Ben Taub Hospital Emergency Center following the shooting. Cody Harris, 20, he said he was in a classroom with about six or seven other students waiting for a psychology class to start when he heard eight shots.

He and other students looked at each other, said "I guess we should get out of here," and fled. "I was just worried about getting out," Harris said. "I called my grandmother and asked her to pick me up."

The Lone Star College System has an enrollment of 90,000 students and six college campuses, according to its website. Along with the college, four nearby schools in the Aldine Independent School District went into lockdown, a district spokesman said. Lone Star student Daniel Flores, 19, said he was in a tutoring lab on the second floor doing homework when he heard what he heard six to seven shots.

"I didn't think they were shots," he said. "It sounded like someone was kicking a door."

About 60 people were in the lab, and they began running out of the room once they realized the sound was gunfire, he said. They fled to a nearby student services center, where authorities kept them there for about 30 minutes before letting them go.

Good Lord.
Mikey | RacingSouthWest.com | GO HOME FLYERS!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway. "
- Crow T. Robot (Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie)

#2 User is offline   Hankey 

• **** You Goulet!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Bedroom Mascots.

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Here too...

Linky

Seems like improperly stored firearms in this case.
Everything stated in this message is to be considered my own opinion, and not an official representation of Pensunderground or any other Pensunderground Message Board user. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool dark place. Any disclaimer issued by me is subject to change without notice.

#3 User is offline   Astro_Mikey 

• Sign a contract with me ... ?
  • Group: ADMINISTRATORS
  • Interests:Astrophysics, astronomy, cars, sports, music.
    Go Pittsburgh Penguins!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostHankey, on 22 January 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Here too...

Linky

Seems like improperly stored firearms in this case.

Yeesh.

The article I posted for the local incident stated they didn't even have the firearms locked up in this case.
STUPID STUPID STUPID.

I assume gun crime in Canuckistan is fairly rare ... ?
Mikey | RacingSouthWest.com | GO HOME FLYERS!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway. "
- Crow T. Robot (Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie)

#4 User is offline   Hankey 

• **** You Goulet!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

We've had our incidents. Quebec seems to have the most trouble.
Everything stated in this message is to be considered my own opinion, and not an official representation of Pensunderground or any other Pensunderground Message Board user. Actual mileage may vary. Price does not include tax, title, and license. Some assembly required. Each sold separately. Batteries not included. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear. If conditions persist, contact a physician. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight. Keep in a cool dark place. Any disclaimer issued by me is subject to change without notice.

#5 User is offline   Anakin Skywalker 

• **** you Bob!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Edmonton a few years back... I think.
(High Man) Grunt stole me.
----
(Badger_Bob) It's the anti-kiss of death, yes?
(billvill) Kiss of life?
(Badger_Bob) Well, yes!!! Good call bv.

----
(Badger_Bob) Anyone hear about the trainer getting killed by a whale at Seaworld?
(skiz) What kind of whale?
(Badger_Bob) Killer whale skiz, wtf do you think?

#6 User is offline   Hankey 

• **** You Goulet!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostAnakin Skywalker, on 22 January 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Edmonton a few years back... I think.

That's right a school or something?

Also Toronto and Alberta seem to have inherited some kind of social strife from Somali and are having shooting issues.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users