:unsure:
It's A Great Day for Hockey!!!

Stay out of my profile Goulet!!!

#2 User is offline   P_C 

• Inventor of the word "Fleurp"
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

What? But he's such a whiner! How is this possible?

#3 User is offline   Badger Bob 

• What? Me Worry?
  • Group: GLOBAL MODERATORS
  • Interests:Penguins, Pirates, Steelers, Pitt FB, Pitt BB, PSU FB
    Sleeping

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:36 PM

Obviously this is the NHL kissing his butt like everyone says they do.

#4 User is offline   P_C 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:40 PM

Anyone who disagrees with this choice will be fined by the NHL immediately.

#5 User is offline   Badger Bob 

• What? Me Worry?
    Sleeping

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:41 PM

#6 User is offline   Astro_Mikey 

• *tap tap tap tap tap*
  • Group: ADMINISTRATORS
  • Interests:Astrophysics, astronomy, cars, sports, music.
    Go Pittsburgh Penguins!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

#3 star?
GUTLESS
Mikey | RacingSouthWest.com | GO HOME FLYERS!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway. "
- Crow T. Robot (Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie)

#7 User is offline   Badger Bob 

• What? Me Worry?
    Sleeping

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostAstro_Mikey, on 09 April 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

#3 star?
GUTLESS

He's whining that he didn't get number 1. So arrogant.

#8 User is offline   Jonathan Glaude 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:the Hockey, the university football, the movies.

I am passionate of bike and games video.

The summer : to bathe in the swimming pool and
    the summer festivals.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Posted Image

Congratulation ! Sidney to be the third star of the week :unsure:

I am surprised. Finally ! he is a choice of the stars :)
Let's go Pens ! Let's go Pens !
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   stonewizard51 

• It's Time For Hockey!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Doing the little things to irritate wifey without pizzing her off.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

View PostP_C, on 09 April 2012 - 02:40 PM, said:

Anyone who disagrees with this choice will be fined by the NHL immediately.

But only if they get off track, talk about the arrogant ownership, Orpik's hit on Boychuk and of course drop the "F" bomb.
Posted Image

" If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand."

#10 User is offline   Badger Bob 

• What? Me Worry?
    Sleeping

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

View Poststonewizard51, on 09 April 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

But only if they get off track, talk about the arrogant ownership, Orpik's hit on Boychuk and of course drop the "F" bomb.

Granted I'm a homer, but does anyone really see Crosby whining? Hell, he's hardly played this year. I've been reading tons of comments from fans of other teams claiming he is a whiner. It's pretty pathetic. I guess they only see it how they want to see it.

#11 User is offline   stonewizard51 

• It's Time For Hockey!!

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostBadger Bob, on 09 April 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

Granted I'm a homer, but does anyone really see Crosby whining? Hell, he's hardly played this year. I've been reading tons of comments from fans of other teams claiming he is a whiner. It's pretty pathetic. I guess they only see it how they want to see it.

Crosby doesn't whine any more than any other captain. If Sid played for any other team I seriously doubt the fan base would hammer him for what they suppose is whining.
Posted Image

" If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand."

#12 User is offline   billvill 

• Bitch grind no work, brain hurts
  • Group: ADMINISTRATORS
  • Interests:Interesting stuff

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:02 PM

View Poststonewizard51, on 09 April 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Surprised he didn't bring up Ulf.
"Get to your game, boys"
"Coach, our game isn't working"
"Well, grind some bitches, then"

Posted Image

Man, that sixth one stung...

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   P_C 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:44 AM

The people whining about him whining are whining way more than he ever has. Ever since he came back this time, it's all they can say about him. I don't watch all of the Sid media stuff but from what I've seen he talks about HIS play and HIS team, and isn't too concerned about what others are doing. I think a lot of other NHL players and coaches could learn a few things from him about media relations. :Facepalm14:

#14 User is offline   Badger Bob 

• What? Me Worry?
    Sleeping

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:34 AM

View PostP_C, on 10 April 2012 - 07:44 AM, said:

The people whining about him whining are whining way more than he ever has. Ever since he came back this time, it's all they can say about him. I don't watch all of the Sid media stuff but from what I've seen he talks about HIS play and HIS team, and isn't too concerned about what others are doing. I think a lot of other NHL players and coaches could learn a few things from him about media relations. :Facepalm14:

This comes down to one thing. "Jealousy". Any coach would love to have Crosby on their team, but since they don't, they'll do what they can to tear the guy down. Well, at least the classless coaches will do this. This goes for meathead fans and moronic media members as well. Some say they wouldn't want him on their team, but that's total bullshit. They know if Crosby were somehow acquired by their team, they'd be doing hand springs. Fans like to tear him up because the NHL has made him the face of the league, yet he doesn't fit their unrealistic image of what the face of the league should be. Sid is no choir boy. He gives it out as well as he takes it. Sid didn't ask to be the face of the NHL, yet opposing fans, coaches and players seem to think this makes him a target personal criticisms.

Furthermore, opposing coaches and players will do whatever they can to try and disrupt Crosby's game or how he's seen by officials and they obviously want to get into Crosby's head as well.

All I can say is that this will not change. There is nothing that the league or Crosby or the media can do that will change perceptions. It's made even worse because some parties want it to be this way. The only thing that Sid can do is go out and excel on this stage. He's not going to shut them up, but he and the Pens can get the ultimate prize and thumb their noses at all the haters. And the hate will just multiply. It's just the way it is. Many people would rather see the highly talented fail and they take glee in it. What a said statement that is. The hate writers are going to be out in full force this playoff season. Get ready and toughen up your skin. I just hope the Pens have the Cup and those idiots can all go to Hell. If the Pens win the cup, the team and the fans will get some additonal satisfaction out of knowing that the haters didn't get their way. But you know they'll get doing the usual song and dance about the league handed the cup to Crosby and the Pens got all those high draft picks... blah blah blah. I say _uck 'em all. The only think that matters is who's names are etched on that cup. No hater can take that away.

#15 User is offline   Badger Bob 

• What? Me Worry?
    Sleeping

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

Bettman addresses recent remarks about Crosby
Tuesday, 04.10.2012 / 9:00 AM / News
By Dave Lozo - NHL.com Staff Writer

NEW YORK -- Sidney Crosby was the recipient of some harsh words from both an analyst and a coach last week. On Monday, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NBC Sports Group Chairman Mark Lazarus addressed the comments.

The Pittsburgh Penguins star was criticized on a radio station by NBC analyst Mike Milbury last Monday after Crosby and Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn mixed it up during their game the previous afternoon. It started with Schenn cross checking Crosby on his way to the bench and ended with the Flyers' Danny Briere suffering an injury on a legal hit from the Penguins' Joe Vitale in the final minutes.

Milbury called Crosby a "punk" during a tirade that resulted in Milbury issuing an apology the following day.

"On a personal level, I like Mike and I respect him and all he's accomplished in the game," Bettman said of Milbury, who was not part of a conference call involving NBC's on-air talent Monday. "But suffice it to say, I don't agree with everything that he says. It's an interesting and difficult issue because he didn't say it on NBC's air. He doesn't work for us, and when he said it, he wasn't doing it on (NBC's) behalf. Needless to say, I did not agree with his comments and I did not think they were appropriate. Frankly, I'm glad he had the good sense to apologize, because an apology was in order."

Lazarus echoed Bettman's words.

"We feel the same," Lazarus said. "It did not happen on our air. We did not condone or agree with what Mike said, but we were glad he chose to apologize. I think when he thought through what he said and in the context of it, he needed to make a statement and we were glad that he chose to do that."

On Thursday, Crosby was once again bearing the brunt of an attack, this one from New York Rangers coach John Tortorella following a game that saw Rangers forward Derek Stepan absorb a knee-to-knee hit from Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik.

"I wonder what would happen if we did it to their two whining stars? Wonder what would happen?" Tortorella said, referring to Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. "So I'm anxious to see what happens with the League. There's no respect amongst players. None."

Bettman said Tortorella's comments come with the territory of Crosby being one of the game's biggest stars.

"The level of passion, emotion and gamesmanship can never be overestimated," Bettman said. "I think people who follow the game closely understand it's just noise. My guess is, Sidney Crosby is still the most popular player and has legions of fans in all ages in multiple countries. The fact that somebody might take a potshot, I guess, is the price of greatness."

Follow Dave Lozo on Twitter: @DaveLozo

Buttman got this all wrong, in my opinion. He needed to de-couple from Crosby specifically. These words just add to Crosby image of being the favored son, in my opinion. And Milbury's apology was a total joke.

#16 User is offline   FanSince74 

• purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Interests:Hockey
    DVDs
    RPG games

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

View PostBadger Bob, on 10 April 2012 - 08:34 AM, said:

This comes down to one thing. "Jealousy".

^^This
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   P_C 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

More Penguins haterz My link

Hey guys, remember that time that we didn't have the best player in the league on the team for the better part of 2 seasons and still made the playoffs both times? Crazy, crazy.

#18 User is offline   LadyV1284 

• Timber!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:hockey - DUH!, writing, reading, cars, fantasy, skiing, animals, traveling

Posted 10 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

This comes down to one thing. "Jealousy".

Posted Image
Let's Go Pens!

#19 User is offline   stonewizard51 

• It's Time For Hockey!!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

This comes down to one thing. "Jealousy". Any coach would love to have Crosby on their team, but since they don't, they'll do what they can to tear the guy down. Well, at least the classless coaches will do this. This goes for meathead fans and moronic media members as well. Some say they wouldn't want him on their team, but that's total bullshit. They know if Crosby were somehow acquired by their team, they'd be doing hand springs. Fans like to tear him up because the NHL has made him the face of the league, yet he doesn't fit their unrealistic image of what the face of the league should be. Sid is no choir boy. He gives it out as well as he takes it. Sid didn't ask to be the face of the NHL, yet opposing fans, coaches and players seem to think this makes him a target personal criticisms.

Furthermore, opposing coaches and players will do whatever they can to try and disrupt Crosby's game or how he's seen by officials and they obviously want to get into Crosby's head as well.

All I can say is that this will not change. There is nothing that the league or Crosby or the media can do that will change perceptions. It's made even worse because some parties want it to be this way. The only thing that Sid can do is go out and excel on this stage. He's not going to shut them up, but he and the Pens can get the ultimate prize and thumb their noses at all the haters. And the hate will just multiply. It's just the way it is. Many people would rather see the highly talented fail and they take glee in it. What a said statement that is. The hate writers are going to be out in full force this playoff season. Get ready and toughen up your skin. I just hope the Pens have the Cup and those idiots can all go to Hell. If the Pens win the cup, the team and the fans will get some additonal satisfaction out of knowing that the haters didn't get their way. But you know they'll get doing the usual song and dance about the league handed the cup to Crosby and the Pens got all those high draft picks... blah blah blah. I say _uck 'em all. The only think that matters is who's names are etched on that cup. No hater can take that away.

AMEN!!
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   stonewizard51 

• It's Time For Hockey!!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostLadyV1284, on 10 April 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

OH NO!!! I SEE PONIES!!!!
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users